Sunday, March 9, 2008

I love recycled fabrics!!!

Yesterday while scouring the local thrift store I found a super sweet twin bed sheet in one of my all time favorite cartoons....THE SMURFS!!! As soon as I saw it I looked around for dramatic effect and secured my treasure with a death grip.... thrift stores shoppers can be so aggressive and yes I have the battle scars to prove it, but perhaps that is a story for another day. Anyways... I took my treasure home, washed it up and pondered for a while what I would do with it. The selfish part of me screamed " Keep it make something for yourself" while the side of me that wants to fill up my etsy shop said " Make a purse, post it on etsy and hopefully make a sale". Well in the end my shop owner side won and without further ado here goes.....


I am so loving this purse right now.... I have a little more fabric left, I might make a smaller one for myself, at least then both of my sides will be happy.

2 comments:

Solicity Sock Monkey said...

What a dilema. I can totally relate to your "selfish side".

Sushila Chamling said...

hey there..i love dis bag too much yeah..plz can u put down d tutorials also..love it!