Tuesday, March 11, 2008

30 Minute Pillowcase Apron

Here is my first project in the instant gratification challenge I have set for myself. I decided that I wanted to make an apron, but normally they take me a little over an hour to complete so I had to trim the construction down a bit and I came up with this easy project.

Obviously I am obsessed with juvenile bedding this week because I decided to use an old standard size Powerpuff Girl pillowcase I had laying around the house, but I think this would be a really cool revamp of the vintage pillowcase patterns that lots of people use.



Instructions



1. Start with pillowcase. Cut off side border (optional) and cut 3 inches from bottom.


















2. Cut the bottom seam of the 3" piece that you cut off and and open it up. This will be the sash.





















3. Finger press or iron a 1/2" seam on each side of the sash. Sew each side.
















4. Turn pillow case wrong side out and sew both cut sides leaving space to turn. Turn and sew close opening. Set sewing machine to longest stitch, sew across top. Pull top thread to create slight gather.

































5. Fold sash in half and attach to apron. Sew along bottom edge to attach. Sew remainder of sash along bottom edge to close (optional).














6. All done in about 25 minutes.... now to make a 30 min meal :) !















sorry about the somewhat fuzzy pics I was rushing to make the deadline!

3 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Thanks! I'm a apron freek/ or geek. This looks fun!
Vicki

Joy said...

What a cute apron! You are very creative! I like that idea.

Kate said...

How cute is that?! Hi Lynn, I'm a friend of Jen's - just clicked over here from her site. I love the apron! So fun and unique!